Saturday, August 8, 2009

Toby's First Birthday!

Happy birthday to me! I am one year old today -- my birthday is extra special because I was born on 8/8/08! We did a lot of fun things today and I got to eat a lot of treats that I don't normally get, like a taste of ice cream.


The day started off with a trip to Petsmart to pick out some new toys and treats. I tried out a few toys before deciding on this Kong squirrel. Kong seems to make the only toys that are virtually indestructible. I tear the stuffing out of any other toy in minutes. This toy doesn't even have any stuffing.
Then we went to Greene Valley Forest Preserve in DuPage County to see their off-leash dog park area. It is about 40 minutes outside of downtown Chicago. This is a good dog park because it has over seven acres to play off-leash and there is a separate area just for dogs under 20 pounds. There weren't as many other dogs there as I had hoped, probably because it is very hot in Chicago this weekend! Fortunately I had my own water bottle and bowl so I didn't get thirsty.


The only bad part was when I was stung in the foot by a bee! I am a good natured guy though and promptly forgot all about it.

1 comment:

  1. Hello and thank you very much for signing our guestbook. We're glad to have met you, a fellow Cavalier blogger...

    and.....

    Happy Birthday!!! Your birthday is 888, it's so cool! We saw your first post on your blog when you were only seven week old. How cute you were.... and still you're very very cute! :) We definitely have to check your blog out. We'll add your name to our Cavalier friends list. Hope it's ok with you!

    Your new friends,
    Momo & Pinot

    ReplyDelete